365 Questions--September 5

When do you feel at peace?
I would have to say that falls under 2 different circumstances: when I'm at my house and when I'm with my siblings. It seems kind of odd, but just hear me out. I'm very protective of who I let into my home. I've been in my apartment for almost 2 years, and only a handful of people have been there. I protect my space at all costs because it is where I lay my head, it is where I let my hair down, and most importantly because it is mine. Having my own space gives me a safe haven from the world. I go through so much with my family and in my personal life, but the minute I step into my house I leave that right where it is. My mom an dI get into all the time, and I have solace knowing that I don't have to be stuck in that environment. I can go home.

The thing about being with my siblings is having the opportunity to just let loose. We all love to have a good time. It's all fun and games as long as we're not around each other too long. If we're around too long we're going to end up getting in a fight about something. Like when our aunt died back in March, It was a sad time, but it was the first time most of us were together in a few years. It's like a mini vacation almost. Like this upcoming weekend, we're going out for my sister's bachelorette party. Even my baby sister is coming. I can't wait!

Comments