365 Questions--September 14

When is the Lord your song?
All the time. Anybody who knows me knows that I am always singing. My life is High School Musical in real life. I will break into a song and dance like it's normal. Someone could say 1 thing to me and it would trigger a song in my head. I'm not Tasha Cobbs or Clark Sister or anything remotely close to that, but singing is what gets me through. Just today at work, I broke into song like it was absolutely normal.

I honestly believe that is partially how God communicates with me. He speaks to me through dreams and songs. I've mentioned before that my sister is getting married in November. All of the bridesmaids are in a group chat and we laugh and play all the time. However, my sister is a pastor and sometimes we have to pray. My other sister's best friend is having some extreme health issues and so all of us as bridesmaids had a group video chat with her and prayed. Literally, the entire time we were on the call songs were coming to my head and I literally couldn't say anything else. I could only sing the songs. The friend was going on and on about her situation and all I could say was "way maker, miracle worker, promise keeper, light in the darkness...my God. that is who you are."

Comments