365 Questions--July 4

What is something that worries you?

Something that genuinely worries me is how worrisome I can be. I love and care for the people in my life very deeply. Whether or not they know that is a different story. Regardless of how much we do or don’t talk now that we’ve grown up, I still think about them all the time and I pray that they don’t have to go through a rough patch. I genuinely want them to win. I want them to live their best life and be the best versions of themselves. A lot of times, I take on others’ stress and it will literally have me laid out on the floor crying. It worries me because I know that it doesn’t haveto be that stressful. I really need to work on it. 
For example, my grandmother had a stroke a little over a month ago and ever since she came home I have been so worried that it’ll happen again and the doctors will miss it again. When it happened, she was home alone, and I was the only one that answered the phone. My mom was nowhere to be found and my dad wasn’t answering the phone. No one else lives here. That type of responsibility scares me. I’m so busy all the time that I’m worried that I’ll miss the call, and it will be all my fault. Worrying has a lot of detrimental health effects, and it’s just not worth it. Plus it makes me wonder how much I truly trust God if I stress that much. 

Comments