365 Questions--July 2

What is a movie that makes you happy?
I would have to say “Think Like a Man Too.” Interesting fact—I’m a big fan of Black movies. Growing up, I wasn’t really allowed to watch anything other than Black movies and like Disney movies. Fact 2—I love Kevin Hart. I don’t care too much for hismovies, but I like movies he’s in. Originally I was going to say “The Best Man,” or “The Wood” but I think I changed my mind. “The Wood” is definitely my all time favorite movie. Either way, these movies have a central theme in common: a bunch of people getting together for a wedding, everything goes wrong, but it still works out. 

The idea of people getting together really excites me. Not just in movies, but in real life. This is where I’m on the fence as far as which movie I want to talk about. The reason I like how it happened in “The Best Man” is because they are all college educated. I’m not sure if ‘ve mentioned this before but college friends are very important. College is a vulnerable time in life. The friends you make there are lifelong friends. I recently got together with my friends from college, and it was amazing. It wasn’t anything elaborate. It was just a friend’s birthday and another friend’s going away party. We haven’t all been together like that in a really long time.

I’ve moved around a lot as a kid (I sound like Mike on “The Wood”) All of my friends hold weight in my life, even if we’re not really friends anymore. Because my entire life seemed to be in a really vulnerable place, my friends, the people I genuinely counted and depended on mean a lot to me. It’s rare that I have bad blood with people in my life. Sometimes we just lose contact. “The Wood” makes me happy just for the timeframe the flashbacks were in the movie. They were teenagers trying to figure it out. The movies just brought back so many memories. I can remember going to the dances on post when I was a kid (my school didn’t really have them). My friends and I didn’t necessarily have a bet but we had stories ALL THE TIME. Good times man. That’s all the movie is. Good times. 

Comments