365 Questions--May 18

If you could do something all over again, what would it be?

To be honest, I would've went to graduate school straight out of undergrad. I wouldn't have taken a break. If I could do it over, I would've stayed in Tallahassee and finished my degree, and then came home after that. That's under the assumption that I even chose to home. I kind of ran from my problems there. I literally left everything I had going on there and came home. I'm super grateful for everything that has happened in my life since coming home, but honestly and truly if I had to do it all over again, I would.

Honestly, if I could really do it all over, I would've never have gotten involved with the man that was the start of the unraveling of my life. I'm not going to go on and on about what happened, but one situation led to the worst of people being exposed of some people I really care about. I saw things in people that I never in a million years would've expected to see. I never thought that people I trusted with my life would do something so damaging to me.

In the same token, I am glad that those things happened because it really showed me who I was dealing with. That was way past a personal level; it was in ministry too. I was almost willing to turn my back on church again because of this situation. I kept hearing things about these people and was even willing to swing on the people who said it, but I had to learn for myself. Plus, if those things wouldn't have happened when they did, I wouldn't have been able to join the most amazzzzzzzzing ministry ever. It was in that moment that I felt agape (God's love). I knew that my pastor and first lady loved me with the love of God. It wasn't because we were related. It wasn't because I was there helping them when they first started the ministry. It was because the love of God was in them.


Comments