Let's Talk Saturdays--I Killed Him

So per usual, I was scrolling, scrolling, scrolling down my social media, and all of a sudden I see Mac Miller died of an overdose. I don't know why it hit me so hard, but it did. I wasn't a huge Mac Miller fan, but I've seen him on an episode of Wild N Out. I've seen a couple episodes of his show, and he seemed to be a pretty fun guy. I would've never thought that he would be the one to overdose. Maybe it was because he's my age. He was only 26. I think people forget how hard their 20s can be. Mac Miller seemed like such a happy go lucky type of guy. I really couldn't imagine him overdosing. However, you never really know what people go through behind closed doors. You just don't know. 

What really caught my attention was how people were dragging Ariana Grande. If you didn't know, the two dated a while back and she made this really long Instagram post about how she was sad about him dying. In the post she mentioned the fact that she knew he had a problem, but she still left. I guess people feel like she's responsible for him dying because she left him knowing his circumstances. Honestly, the fact that he overdosed is not her fault.  She left because that's what was best for Ariana. As much as she loved him, she had to love herself first. I've been in her shoes. This guy that I was dealing with was very abusive (I'll give the details later on) and I knew what was going on. His family was really going through it. His dad had a cocaine problem, and he would beat my boyfriend's mom to the point that she had broken bones and had landed in ICU a couple of times. I kept going back to him because I was more so worried about what he was going to do if no one was there for him. The relationship turned extremely toxic. Had I stayed, he probably would've tried to kill me for the 2nd time. Even though I knew he had been suicidal before, I had to leave. He is not my responsibility. In the same manner, Mac Miller was not Ariana's responsibility. 


Comments