365 Questions--September 7

Have you ever given your dreams to God? Why or why not?
Yes I have. My dreams change as I get older. When I was younger, I just wanted to be able to get out of Augusta so I could get away from my mom. Then I got away, and my dreams became wanting to make it through college without having to stop. Then I graduated, and I wanted my lifelong dream of being a rattler of the one and only Florida A&M University. I got there, and had to leave. To be honest, I stopped dreaming after that. I stopped dreaming and started praying that my situation would no longer be in the situation that I'm in.

It's not that I don't trust God. I just didn't even know if my dreams still mattered at that point. I just had to get it together. The transition back to Augusta was so abrupt and unwanted that I just wanted to be in a dark room somewhere. When it all started, I didn't leave my house. I didn't even want to pack my stuff up. When I got back to Augusta, I didn't want to do anything. I was spiritually dead. I just couldn't anymore. I was just a figure. I barely spoke. I slept and cried and cried and slept. It was just a lot.

Comments