365 Questions--September 2

What is the worst thing that happened to you today? How did it affect the rest of your day?

So today, someone had the audacity to tell me that I needed to get over what happened to my goddaughter because she's been dead 2 weeks and she wasn't my child. This certain somebody called himself trying to woo me even though I clearly was not giving him the time of day. I could care less what he thought about me or anything going on in my life. But you will not do is open your mouth to me and say those things to me and think that I won't get you all the way together. Yes, I'm saved, but I will most definitely set it off, especially when people come at me about my family. 

My godchildren have been a vital part of my life. I treat them as I would treat my own children if I had any. I love them the way I would love my own children. So yes, it absolutely hurt me when my goddaughter unexpectedly died 2 weeks ago, especially for what she represented in my relationship with her mother. She was the one that made me come back around and realize that I cannot just neglect my family. Her mother and I were inseparable at one point in our lives and now I can count on one hand how many times I've seen her this year. So losing my goddaughter was a stab in the heart that I was not ready to take. You don't expect your child to not wake up when you lay them down for a nap. Life is too short

Now as far as that conversation with that man....let's just say it got very ugly. You don't get to tell me how long I get to grieve. You don't get to tell me how I'm supposed to feel, especially when you know just a bit of what I have on my plate right now. So I was uptight for the rest of the day because I wanted to put my hands on him, but he wasn't here for me to do so. I know. I know. Violence is not the answer, but name a mother, godmother, an auntie that wouldn't do the same for their own. 

Comments