365 Questions--September 11

Write a letter to your frightened self

Dear Frightened Me,
I know I don't talk to you often. Actually, I act like you're not there most of the time. Ignoring you doesn't make you go away. I wish I could go back in time to when you were created and do something differently. I don't hate you. Having you there keeps me going. There is so much that I'm afraid of. I'm afraid of being this broke for the rest of my life so I bust my butt day in and day out to make sure I'm not that broke. I'm afraid that I'll be alone the rest of my life so I've been working on myself so that I won't be that broken women in an even more broken relationship. It made sense for me to do everything I do because of you, but I have to tell you, that's over. I have to live my life for me and not because I'm afraid. I can't run myself into the ground to avoid you. I love God more than I love you,and because that I can't be afraid because there is no fear in perfect love.

Comments