365 Questions--July 9

Who do you trust?
Outside the obvious, my best friends, I would have to say that I trust my  pastor and first lady as my spiritual parents. To be honest, I trust them more than I trust my biological parents. Don't get me wrong, I love my parents and I appreciate everything that they've done for one, but I trust my pastor and first lady more because they came into contact with me when I was at the lowest point I had ever been in my life and they still loved on me and they were still there for me. I'm not their biological child. I have a different kind of respect for people who love someone they had never met before so much that they are willing to go before the throne for them, fight spiritual battles for them, and love them past the hurt. I know that if I ever needed anything that I could go to them. When I had to have an MRI last year, they were willing to come sit with me, and when I found out I was completely healed (which Pastor told me without even knowing he did)they shouted with me. 


I joined COP almost 2 years ago, and the day I joined Pastor told me that God was going to do something miraculous in my life. He probably doesn't remember it, but just as sure as he said it, it came to pass. I'll never doubt the God in him or First Lady. There's been moments, like in the picture below where he has said things that nobody knew about me. Like in that picture, he was praying for my self-esteem. I never told anybody about my long struggles with my self-esteem. There's things I've done in my past that I'm not exactly proud of, and he prayed for me. As nasty as some of those things are, he never judged me, he never made me feel bad for what I had done. He did what a father was supposed to do. He loved me anyway. Even outside of church, we've gone to eat with some of my church family and Pastor interrogated me about my now ex, like that scene on Bad Boys 2๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚. Honestly, I'm more afraid for my future husband to meet Pastor than I am for him meeting my real daddy. 



First Lady....man I love her. I don't have the best relationship with my biological mother, and I think First Lady. From the day I stepped foot in COP, she has been so loving and given me exactly what I needed. I have never known what it is like to trust a mother. Sometimes she's a little green, but First Lady doesn't judge me. I feel more comfortable telling her things about me and asking her questions than I do my own mama. I pray that I'll be as good a mother to my children that she is as a spiritual mother to me. 

Comments