365 Questions--July 8

How do you feel today?
Today, I have to admit I feel relieved. Why? My pastor has been doing a series on decisions. It just so happened that I made a really, really big decision. I actually decided to be celibate (more info coming on my youtube channel. Be on the look out). I’m not going to lie, this has been one of the biggest decisions I’ve ever made, but I’m so happy that I made that decision. I was a little uneasy about it. I was not really sure if I was doing the right thing. Of course it was the right thing to do, but I wasn’t sure if I would really benefit from that. It’s crazy I know, but this morning Pastor reminded me that I did make the right decision and that it was absolutely worth it. 

Deciding to be celibate after a really crazy breakup was probably one of the best decisions I ever made. Around the time I made the decision, my pastor preached about issues. It really hit me for some reason. When it was time for altar call, I went down and he prayed for my self-esteem. I didn’t even realize my self-esteem was as low as it was until after this moment. Since then, he’s been on a decisions soapbox and I’ve come to the realization dealing with Briana, the innermost and frailest part of me, the part of me that I never talk about. It’s time to stop hiding. 

Comments