365 Questions--July 3

What is something that excites you?

Black girl magic. About a month ago, I went to Summit 21, and it was the most overwhelming but exciting thing I probably have ever done. Overwhelming because there were 1200 people there, but it was so amazing.  So many Black women in 1 room all looking to better themselves, better there business. I was so excited to meet people who were just like me. I always felt like I have to turn off certain parts of me when I'm around people, but everybody there was just like me. Educated. Professional. Spiritual. Ratchet. It's a crazy combination, but it works somehow. Seeing people like Angela Rye (I had no idea who she was until the conference) and Sarah Jakes Roberts. I got my entire life. Now, Angela Rye is my big sister 😂😂😂. I absolutely love her. I love how she's not afraid to say what she wants to say and be exactly who she is. She doesn't care about checking anybody. She's just one example. There are so many Black women out here doing it and I absolutely love it



Comments