365 Questions--July 23

What do you appreciate the most about your city?

Real talk, I have a love-hate relationship with Augusta. Augusta can be on the ratchet side some days, but I love that Augusta is growing. As an adult, my experience here has been a little bit different. I'm able to find more to do here. I may have mentioned this before, but I'm a creative person. I went to a performing arts middle school and high school. The arts are very special to me. I love the fact that Augusts is such a creative place, especially downtown. Now that my cousin lives here, I have someone to go to events with. Like, every Sunday there is the Candlelight Music Jam on the riverwalk. A couple times a month, a local band, Phaze 360, performs at Ikonz, and it's definitely a vibe. 

Because of who I work for, I have been exposed to some of the greater people in the area. Everyone isn't as basic as the people I was around growing up. There are some great things going on here. As a matter of fact, I think I'm going to an event on Saturday called "After the Storm." I'm so excited. Now that I'm older I have to be social with a different caliber of people. I'm just excited to see where my city will go from here, whether I'm here or not


Comments