365 Questions--July 1

What is most important to you?
Right now I would have to say the most important thing is developing a proper relationship with God. If you read my post last Tuesday about not missing the signs from God, you would kinda know what I’m talking about. To be honest, I’m a little (that may be an understatement) strong-willed. I do exactly what I want to do whenever I want to do it. I take others into consideration when I want to, which I usually do. Either way, it’s my call. Once I have my mind set on something, it’s rare that I take anything anybody else has to say into consideration. That “anybody” can include God. 

Looking back at my life, there have definitely been times when God has spoken to me concerning something and I completely ignored it. So like, with the situation from the Signs post, I prayed and prayed and prayed about it, but I didn’t wait for a response. I figured God brought him back into my life for a reason and everything seemed okay so I ran with it. That’s not the first time that I’ve done that, but hopefully it will be the last. I love God for real. There’s too much that I know for a fact that He’s saved me from, and I don’t want to even begin to think about the stuff that He saved me from that I didn’t even know about. I owe Him at least a listening ear and trying to get to know who He really is and not just what He has done for me. 

I can remember listening to “Something About the Name Jesus” and there’s a part where Kirk Franklin says “I worship God not for what He’s done, but for who He is.” I never understood what that meant. To me, knowing what someone has done is a reflection of who they are. That is true, but what He’s done for me is not all He is. I need to spend time in my bible more. I need to spend more time praying. I need a relationship with Him. 

Comments