Let's Talk Saturdays--We Miss Old Ye

Okay so I'm pretty sure everybody has seen the chaos surrounding this man right here. 



If you don't know who that is, it's Kanye West. Kanye has been in the media saying some very....controversial things. He recently stated that he was a free thinker and associated that with his support for Trump. He also stated that slavery was a choice. 

I mean in all honesty I think Kanye West has been crazy ever since his mom died. This is the same man that wants to be called Yeezus and is charging $400 for leggings. Leggings bruh. Maybe that's just how he is grieving. Some people cry and get fat, others lash out, and then there's Kanye. I mean I kinda get where he is coming from at the top level. Just hear me out. 

I understand free thinking. What I think he meant is, just because most Black people are democrats does not make it right. I agree with that statement. I'm not saying I'm going to be a Republican, but I agree with the idea that following the crowd doesn't mean it's right. I consider myself to be a free thinker. I make decisions for me. For example, my parents go to the Church of Christ. I made the decision when I was 18 to leave the Church of Christ. How many of you know people who go to church simply because they were raised in the church? It's not because they've seen God for themselves. They go for the formality of church. It's the same concept. I go to Cathedral of Praise Church of God in Christ because that is where I experienced God for real. Kanye supports Trump because he thinks Trump will get stuff done. I don't know how he came to that idea, but to each its own. 

As far as slavery goes. I would say it was a choice. It was either die or be enslaved. It's like how Killmonger said "Bury me in the ocean with my ancestors that jumped from the ships. Because they knew death was better than bondage." That was the only other choice. I guess from the standpoint of there were millions of slaves and only a few slavemasters, it would seem like it should've been easy to overthrow the slavemasters, but I understand that it's not that easy. Apparently Kanye does not understand that. 

Truth be told, Kanye needs some serious prayer. He does not understand systematic oppression. It's interesting that this particular subject has come up. His mother (God rest her soul) was an African American studies professor. But I guess it makes sense. You the pastor's kids are always the rebellious ones. Maybe it's the same thing with teachers...I just need Kanye to realize that he is Black. His children are Black. If ever his children end up in some legal trouble, the law won't see their white mother. Those children are Black. What's going on in the world right now may not be his reality, but it's reality for the majority of African Americans. I just need "All Falls Down" Kanye back. I need pre-Kim Kanye back. I'm not saying it's Kim fault either. Kanye is a grown man and made decisions for himself. It just so happens that Kanye was a tolerable crazy before Kim. I need that old Ye back. 

Comments