365 Questions--May 8

When you think of your triggers, who comes to mind?

Well I won't leave their names because I'm just not going to do that, but I know exactly who I'm talking about.

1. My 2nd oldest first cousin on my mom's side---I love her dearly. We grew up as sisters, but the day she opened up her mouth to other people about my business and lied, we had a problem. For one thing, I found out that she was doing that 6-7 months after she started. Honestly, I have no idea who all she told the lie to, but I do know for a fact that there were some people who don't really know me like that that she spoke to about it. When I found out, we spoke about it, and she tried to make it seem like it was my fault. She never apologized, but I forgave her anyway. But now every time I'm around her, I find out from somebody else that there's apparently still some issue that she won't speak to me about. I just don't have the energy to fix it anymore. Recently, maybe a week or 2 ago, she made up an even bigger lie and told it to my ex, which then made him call me and cursed me out because of the extremeness of what my cousin said.

2. One of the people I became friends with my freshman year of college---To be honest, I could careless if me and her ever made up. She's just not that crucial to my life. However, that situation (which involves the same ex as the previous situation. crazy.) is just a level of betrayal that was so calculated that I can't just excuse. It' snot like it happened when we first became friends. Had it happened then, it wouldn't have bothered me. However, this was done years later to the point where she knew me well enough to know that this was going to explode for me. I get mad at myself for giving her exactly what she wanted, and I get mad at myself too because I didn't knock her out the way I wanted to.

Comments