365 Questions--May 17

What did you learn about yourself being with your ex?

Honestly, I learned a lot about myself in that relationship. That's the reason why I picked that specific ex to write about. I don't talk about that situation that often. I had to learn to heal from that. It took years for me really get over it. I never forget what my family did, but I had to forgive just for myself. Some of the other things I other learned about myself were

1. I am very protective--When I tell y'all I am soooooo protective. I've talked about this before. I'm a Leo, and I don't play about my cubs. I've always know that I am protective. I can remember getting into fights protecting my family and friends. Something about this relationship made my protective instincts go into overdrive. I was so willing to stand in the line of fire for him. Regardless of the fact that he is a grown man, I wouldn't have put him in harm's way. I still won't and we haven't been together in years. That's just the way I am. Back then, you couldn't say 2 words to him with out me getting stupid. 

2. I love very hard-- Like I told y'all, he was my first love. When I was younger I never understood how people go back and forth with their significant others. Before then I was like "I'm not putting my life on hold for no man. If he [insert action here] I'm gone for good." I wasn't very willing to go through things with people. I knew I cared for J, but I didn't allow myself to admit that I loved him until he said it first. Even now I won't say "I love you," because I know how extreme my emotions are. If I say I love you, I mean it. It's not just a word or an infatuation. I actually love the person you are and have the potential to be. Even after J, I got mixed in with some guys that were in the streets heavy. I didn't care about that. I have the ability to love people past what I see. When I fall in love with someone, I love them for who they are as well s who they have the potential to be. 

3. I have no respect of persons--Around the time we broke up, any and every body who tried me got shut down. They ran up and got done up. I remember going slap off on my cousin's ex husband because he opened his mouth about the situation and had no clue what was going on. Everybody is taught to respect their elders, and I do. HOWEVER, if you ever bring it here, regarding my life, respect is out the window. 

Comments