365 Questions--May 12

Write about a difficult time where she showed strength

So yesterday's post was about when I was diagnosed with PCOS. When I was originally diagnosed, I think I spent a week locked up in my house just crying, trying to figure out why God would allow something like this to happen to me. I was all alone. I couldn't trust anyone around me, not even my family.  Maybe quitting my job wasn't the smartest thing I ever did, but I was in no way, shape, or form mentally ready to deal with people abusing and neglecting children when I had just gone through what I went through. I can almost guarantee that I would've snapped. 

As much as I didn't want to, I came back home. That almost took as much strength as getting through the diagnosis. Being in Augusta is not a good memory for me. Well I won't say it's all bad, but there are some significant bad memories here. For me, coming home was the ultimate sign of failure. I told myself that when I left Augusta, I would never come back, but yet here I am. 

This was definitely the lowest point in my life. The diagnosis, returning home, and working a job that doesn't even cover all my bills barely getting by. I would say that this time is not completely over yet. God has showed himself to be my strength. Briana alone wouldn't have gotten through this. I know for a fact that I would've been locked up somewhere by now if it wasn't for the Lord. 

Comments