Let's Talk Saturdays--To Shack or Not to Shack?

Recently, a video went viral of Deitrick Haddon and his wife talking about shaking. I'll post the video right here.




So let's get into the nitty gritty. How do I feel about the shacking subject? Honestly, I think Deitrick is  right. I think the reason the church preaches again shacking even though it's not in the Bible is to talk around the topic of sex. The church usually dances around the topic of sex. Instead of telling the truth, it's always "wait until marriage." I'm not going to go too deep on the whole sex topic just yet. There'll be post on a later date.

As far as shacking goes....I think it's practical. It makes sense to me. You don't really know someone until you live with them. I don't want to be married to someone and then find out they're a completely different person once we're living together. It really makes a difference. When significant others have spent the night with me for extended periods of time, I felt like I found out more about them. I learned more about their mannerisms and their mindset from just watching them in their home.

If I was trying to abstain from sex then no I would not put myself in that position unless we were sleeping in separate rooms and that's just not something I"m interested in. I know girls at my church who lived with their significant others before they got married, but they didn't sleep in the same room. I'm sorry I just can't do that. Self-control is one of the fruits of the spirit that I really struggle with. This flesh is STRONG. When I want something I want something. I'm not just talking about sex. In general, if I want something, I'm going to find some way to get it. If self-control is something you struggle with, do not put yourself in a situation where you will be tried to that extent. You're playing yourself if you think you're really going to be able to keep it all together by yourself.

Comments