Let's Talk Saturdays--It Didn't Happen


First off, let me just say it feels so great to be back for real for real. Finals are over but then I got a sinus infection 😞😞 It's been a struggle y'all. 

But today I was just coming to talk to y'all about something that has come up a lot in the media. Just a disclaimer...a lot of y'all are probably aren't going to like what I'm going to say. 

So as many of y'all know, Bill Cosby was found guilty this week. I can't say that it was unfortunate. This man has such an amazing legacy. I don't know if he was just that arrogant to think that his legacy would cloud the fact that he has raped these women. Just because he plays  Dr. Huxtable on TV doesn't negate the fact that he raped those women. 

Think about it. Nobody would've ever thought PeeWee was out here molesting children because of his television character, but he was doing it. It's unfortunate that this case will overshadow his legacy, but I don't feel bad. 

A lot of people feel some type of way about these women coming out so many years later. My thing is, you can't tell anyone when they can tell their truth. Now there are people out there who lie about things like that. Shame on them, and they should be locked up for that too. As someone who has survived rape and waited years to say something. I still haven't been able to tell people about what happened. It took me deciding to go to a sexual assault survivors group for me to say something. Maybe that's what it took for some of the Cosby victims. Even though I was raped 12 years ago, if I decided to say something 20 years from now, I wouldn't be lying. People don't take into account the mental trauma that survivors go through. 

I can say the same thing for Kelis. Kelis recently did an interview with Hollywood Unlocked and revealed that her relationship with Nas was abusive. Nas and Kelis haven't been together in years. I've been seeing the comments everywhere saying that she's just being spiteful and that Nas isn't like that. You can't tell that woman what did or did not happen in their marriage. Crazy thing is people always want to believe that people are exactly how they see them. So, like with Nas, he's an activist, a philanthropist, woke. But for whatever reason people want to believe that he wold never be capable of something as disgusting as domestic violence. 

Listen, my whole point is there is no timeframe on when someone can tell their story. Nobody takes into account the victim's feelings and emotions. My opinion is really biased, I know. I'm not saying that Bill Cosby and Nas absolutely did it, but don't let who they are or when the alleged situation happened cloud facts.  


Comments