365 Questions--April 25

What is the gift you wish you could give?

I wish I could give genuine love and support to everybody. Just looking around, it seems like everybody is in competition with the next person. It's so much going on and nobody really takes the time to support or to just be in someone's corner. I don't mean with just businesses. I mean in general. People keep trying to take their lives to the next level, not realizing sometimes it's the deepest pain that sends you into that next level. Getting through that dark place is tough, but it's a little bit easier when you have a true friend in your corner to pull you out of that pit. 

Sometimes all a person needs is someone in their corner. I can remember when I experienced church hurt for the first time. Sad thing is my church was full of family members. I never experienced hurt like that in my life. I never thought that I would recover that. It wasn't because I doubted God. I know that there is no pain that God cannot heal. I know that God is able to heal me from that and so much more. I just doubted people. I recognized that people are imperfect, and I never wanted to sacrifice my feelings for somebody's imperfections. It was my family's imperfections that caused me the deepest pain that I had ever felt in my life. I'll never doubt the God in them. And don't get me wrong, I love them, but I don't ever want to experience that level of betrayal. 

It was in that darkness that I met my First Lady and I joined my church. My First Lady loved me in such a way that I was afraid of her. I was afraid of what her imperfections could be. I've been at my church a year and a half and I've experienced nothing but love and support. When my grandfather died, they check on me. When I started school, they prayed with me. Sometimes all it takes is a friend. 

Comments