Let's Talk Saturdays--Stamp of Approval for the Side Chick

So if you haven't figured this out by now, I am a reality show junkie. I watch it all. Well not it all, but the ratchet ones, like Love and Hip Hop Atlanta. I've never missed an episode since 2012. It's my guilty pleasure, if you will. 

So the what 6th or 7th season just started and here comes this Jasmine nonsense. If you don't watch the show, Jasmine had a child by Kirk a couple years ago. Don't know who Jasmine is...here she go





Kirk is Rasheeda's (you the "the type of girl that'll make you chew all on my bubblegum" girl) husband. Her and her husband right here


Now this season, she feel entitled to having a legitimate family with Kirk for the sake of their son. To be honest.....I'm not here for it. 

Don't get me wrong, that baby is innocent in all of this. Children are always a blessing no matter how they got here. That's not just me saying that; it's scripture (Psalm 127:3). That baby deserves to have a mother and father that loves him. This is NOTHING against that baby by no way, shape, or form. 

However, Ms. Jasmine, ma'am, you get none of my respect for this situation. If she's from Atlanta like she says she is then she most definitely knows who Rasheeda is and she most definitely knows that Rasheeda and Kirk are married and have been for 17-18 years. It's no secret. This is what the 6th season of the show? It's been all over TV for years. So no I don't feel sorry for her. She knew he was married. I can't get jiggy with no female that messes with a man KNOWING that he's married. 

It's one thing to be involved with a married man and not know that he is married. Let's say he's separated...that is different. But if you knew before hand or he tells you he's married and you still make the decision to be with him, that's where respect is lost. I can't get with it. Yeah, I get it, you can't make no man do nothing. He made the decision to do what he did. Yes, I understand that, and he's going to have to deal with those consequences, but I honestly believe there's a different karma that comes from the other party. For example, I know someone who has a long history of dealing with married men, and now she's over 40 and not married, but she wants to be married. Can't get married when you're messing around with married men. 

I'm not mad at Jasmine. This whole glorified side chick thing is not hing new. Think back to the 90's, songs like "I'm So Into You" by SWV and "My Little Secret" by Xscape and even now with "Weekend" by SZA...they all send the same message: I know you got a girl, but I'm better. Like, some women really get off on being able to say "I can take your man." I don't care how many songs are written about it. It's just not cute. Keep it cute, y'all. 


Comments