365 Questions--March 31

What is the hardest challenge you had to overcome?

Understanding that I am enough has been very hard for me. Sometimes I get to a place where I feel like I need to give people that I care about the sun, the moon the stars, the ocean, the mountains, the grass because I may not be enough. I don't express my feelings the best and a lot of times I am misunderstood so I think that I have to do all the extra for them to understand. I'll shut down and it seems like I don't care, but it's really that my feelings are really hurt. I go above and beyond for people to over compensate the potential misunderstanding. 

The underlying issue is that I'm afraid of being alone. When I think of my future, I don't see me by myself. I see and my family. I can't have a family if I'm alone. I don't want to settle, and trust me I don't. I just don't want to miss out on a really great guy because of his misperception of me. 

It took a long time for me to understand that if me and him were really supposed to be together, he would have a true understanding of what was really going on. He would see through what was happening. I wouldn't have to send him a 4 page letter explaining. He would just understand. 

Comments