365 Questions--February 25

When was the first time you encountered God's love?

The first time I really really felt God's love I had to be 16. On March 21, 2009, I was in what should've been a very bad car accident. I fell asleep while driving at around 4 in the morning. When I fell asleep I was going down a hill and the car veered off into the trees on the left. The only thing that woke me up was the car coming to a complete stop. Right in front of me was a very large tree. At the time I was maybe 115 pounds. Had I hit the tree at the speed I was going, it would've killed me from impact alone. However, the car stopped literally 2 inches in front of the tree. Nobody knows why it stopped or how it stopped, but it did. The car was totaled, but the only thing that happened to me was a scratch on my hand, a sprained ankle, and a missing shoe. The road that I was on is typically a busy road, but because of the time there was no one on the road. I had no phone or money on me at the time so I had no way to call my parents. I was literally walking back and forth across the street with one shoe on waiting for someone to come down the road. It just so happened someone came up the road and saw me hysterically crying and she called the police and my parents.


Just a week prior to that, my boyfriend at the time was in a car accident around the same time. The car flipped several times and he literally had no scratch or injury. It just so happened that my mom gave me my phone for the day so I had my phone back. He literally had just got into the accident right before I text him. His mom was out of town doing ministry so no one was there. He was actually the one that got me to trust God more. By that time in my life, I was completely done with the church and literally was going just to sit there. I hadn't exactly given up on God. I just didn't have a thriving relationship with Him. But that day...I knew it was him covering me. If I had never felt Him before, I felt Him in that moment.

If wasn't for your love
Wasn't for your grace
I don't know where I'd be with out you

--William Murphy

Comments