365 Questions--February 24

Who is your superhero?

This question is pretty hard for me to answer. I've been blessed to have so many positive figures in my life. My daddy, my godfather, and granddaddy were all my superheroes. But if I had to narrow it down to just one I would have be my granddaddy. My grandaddy was the most amazing man. He was curse you out at the drop of a hat for no reason at all. It made life more interesting. 

One of the reasons I'm so gung ho about making memories with my children is because my granddaddy was very adamant about that as well. We always were getting together for a random cookout at my granddaddy's house. My granddaddy literally was looking for any reason to fire up his grill. It could be New Years Ever, and he would still do it. It didn't really matter because it didn't get really get for real cold in St. Pete. He loved getting all of us together. We would just sit around on the floor and listen to his stories about how he was in the band (he played the left handed bass) and how we would beat up on his brothers. 

Now outside of that my granddaddy was able to overcome a lot. He only had a 4th grade education and was able to be very very successful owning his own contracting business. He just had so much wisdom to offer us, which is why we were so eager to be around him all the time. He would let you know what's real whether you wanted to know it or not. He really poured into my life and it probably saved me. Had I not listened to him I wouldn't be here. I can stand flat on two feet and say that. I miss my Bubba.





Never had I imagined
Living without your smile
Feeling and knowing you hear me
It keeps me alive
Alive

--Mariah Carey

Comments