365 Questions--February 21

What is your superpower?

I would have to say it's discernment. I always know even if I hadn't had a real conversation with them. I can read people's energy's pretty well, and I'm a people watcher. I may not always be able to express why I feel like they don't have good intentions or why I think they aren't a good person, but I'm right a good 98% of the time. Most of the time the people this is concerning are people trying to connect themselves to my loved ones. Yes, I can be very territorial and overprotective, but that doesn't cloud my judgment.

I can remember when I was still going to my aunt's church. She got a new armor bearer, and I just did not like her. I couldn't figure out why, but something about her just did not sit well with me. I really tried to get along with her. I still sung on the praise team when she joined. I just wasn't a fan of her. To me, she just wanted to be under somebody that was going to give her attention. I mean that makes sense and I don't completely blame her for that. But as soon as she was not my aunt's only priority, she went over to another church in the area who had afternoon services and met with the pastor and was bashing my aunt. She literally was telling the pastor every single thing that was happening in the church.

I'm really grateful for that gift. I think it saved me from a lot of hurt and disappointment. I tend to look past the bad in people. Sometimes bad is the worst of the worst, but I can honestly say I am very careful of being around genuinely bad people. I've come into contact with pastors who weren't really about God. I can't imagine being under their leadership and discovering that kind of information about them. What is your superpower?

Image result for buttercup powerpuff girls gif

Cause I am a Superwoman
Yes I am
Yes she is
Even when I'm a mess
I still put on a vest
With an S on my chest
Oh yes
I'm a Superwoman

--Alicia Keys

Comments