God is Doing a New Thing

Isaiah 43:19New International Version (NIV)

19 See, I am doing a new thing!
    Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the wilderness
    and streams in the wasteland.

For the past couple of weeks of this year, we've been discussing having faith, trusting the process, and changing our mind. Last week we discussed never forgetting what God has done for you. The reason it's important to not forget what God has done is because He is going to be doing a new thing for you even if you're in an old place. 

Sometimes in life, you have to go back home. It's not the most comfortable thing to do. In fact, it can be embarrassing for some. I had to move back home just 2 years ago. I said to myself "God there's no way I can go back to that place. I swore I would never come back after I left, but yet here I am." Nevertheless, I came back to Augusta with my tail between my legs. To be honest, I don't have the best memories here. Many of the times where I should've been killed were right here within about 3 or 4 miles of my house. It was here in Augusta, I contemplated suicide at just 13 and 14 years old. And now at 25 where I feel like I'm in quick sand, God said "I'm doing a new thing."

He said:

Joel 2:25-27King James Version (KJV)

25 And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpiller, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you.
26 And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the Lord your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed.
27 And ye shall know that I am in the midst of Israel, and that I am the Lord your God, and none else: and my people shall never be ashamed.

Everything you thought you lost in the fire, God is restoring it, and you don't have to be ashamed of what He has done for you. People may have looked at you and laughed when you had to go back, but they won't be laughing for long because God is doing a new thing in that place.  Can you imagine what people said about the blind man that Jesus healed in John 9? He was a beggar, and he was blind. The people from the town didn't even recognize him. They said he only looked like the beggar. The same people who talked about him, laughed at him, and maybe even cursed his name couldn't even believe the new thing Jesus did in him. 

Elevation is about to take over. Your faith is elevating, your trust in Him is elevating, your mind is elevating. People will look at you and say "Isn't that the girl that used to sleep around with this person and that person?" "Isn't that the guy that used to drink all the time?" You don't have to be ashamed of any of those things. It doesn't matter what they say because God has elevated you from that place and His glory will shine through your life.

Eyes haven't seen
And ears haven't heard
The kind of blessings
The kind of blessings
That's about to fall on me, whoa
'Cause victory is here
Kick defeat out the door
God's doing a new thing, yeah
Get ready for overflow

'Cause I'm getting ready
(I'm getting ready to see)
Something I've never seen

--Tasha Cobbs-Leonard

Comments