365 Questions--January 31

What is your biggest pet peeve?

My answer may seem a little crazy and maybe even a little hypocritical, but hear me out. My biggest pet peeve is people that live their lives for social media. Now I know how crazy that sounds with me being a blogger, but seriously. I create content, but I rarely post on my personal social media. There are people who feel the need to post everything on social media. The thing that irritates me is the people who post their entire lives on social media but then when people talk about them they want to say "Mind your business." I saw a post today. If I find it I'll post it here

This is exactly what I mean. There's always that person that person that posts something about "silent moves" and it always irritates me. I just feel like if you making "silent moves," make the moves and don't say nothing. If they're silent, then nobody needs to know you're making them right ?? Don't get me wrong, I'll support the move either way. I guess this was my subject of choice because recently, I overheard a conversation about how these people think a particular person is putting on about where she was going because she didn't post anything on social media about it. People don't have to post every minute of their lives.

I don't know maybe it's just me. I'm so private. Things that are important to me don't go on social media. I haven't posted anything about a relationship on social media in well over 5 years, and even then I didn't want to do it. I guess in my mind, if something goes wrong with whatever I posted, I won't be able to live down the embarrassment. 


Follow me like twitter, follow, follow me like twitter
Hanging on every word that I say
They know what I'm about, colder than the winter
Y'all ain't messing with me, y'all just some beginners

Follow me like twitter, follow me like twitter
--Chris Brown

Comments