365 Questions---January 20

Someone you would like to meet

There's a lot of people I would like to meet. I get inspiration from soooooo many people, but the one person I would love to meet is Fantasia. Call me basic, but I love everything she stands for. A lot of times, people, especially church people give her a lot of slack because she doesn't make gospel music. I love the fact that she sings secular music, but acknowledges God's presence every time she's on stage. It's not one of those I'm just gonna thank God because it's the right thing to do type situations. You can tell that she carries God with her everywhere she goes. I love the fact that she understands that staying in the church won't get people saved. You have to meet them where they are. I see a lot of myself in her. I love that even though she was raised in the church, she doesn't turn her nose up to people who haven't always been. 

I watch her performances all the time on Youtube. I think she has what's missing in a lot of artist nowadays. You can literally feel every word, riff, run that she sings. I'll leave a link to a couple of my favorite performances below. I just love how relatable and down to earth she is. 
Fantasia Barrino                                                                                                                                                                                 More



Comments