What They Didn't Tell Me--I Have Authority

So God has been dealing with a lot regarding identity. He has been for quite some time. If yall remember I did a devotional entitled I Am His during the summer. When I wrote it, I thought I had overcome my seemingly lifelong struggles with identity. I was on such a high when I thought that's what was happening, but then I got knocked down. It was in that downfall that I realized that sometimes confidence and faith are cyclical. I always thought that all you could do was go up. I never thought that I would be knocked back to a place where I wasn't able to stand flat footed and declare who I was and who I wasn't. I have that authority. 

I recently had gotten into a place where all I could do was ball up and cry because I was so overwhelmed with what I was feeling and what I perceived to be happening around me. Even now as I am writing this, there are people trying to talk me out of doing exactly what God told me to do. And I know I'm not the only one that has been dealing with that part. But we have authority. 

Luke 10:19 New Living Translation (NLT)

19 Look, I have given you authority over all the power of the enemy, and you can walk among snakes and scorpions and crush them. Nothing will injure you.

I forgot that God gave me the authority to walk all over the enemy. I forgot that God has equipped me with everything I need to fight this battle. I forgot that I didn't have to come down to the levels of the snakes and scorpions. They are under me. I don't have to get on the ground with them. I can speak to it BY FAITH, and that thing has to change. 


Mark 11:22-24 New Living Translation (NLT)

22 Then Jesus said to the disciples, “Have faith in God. 23 I tell you the truth, you can say to this mountain, ‘May you be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and it will happen. But you must really believe it will happen and have no doubt in your heart. 24 I tell you, you can pray for anything, and if you believe that you’ve received it, it will be yours.

So that means that whenever something arises, I can speak and it has to go. We were made in His image and His likeness. And because of that

2 Corinthians 4:13 New Living Translation (NLT)

13 But we continue to preach because we have the same kind of faith the psalmist had when he said, “I believed in God, so I spoke.”[a]

In the beginning, God created everything by speaking. And if the mind that is in Christ Jesus is also in us,  we can speak by His spirit, and something has to happen. 

I don't have to bow to the attacks. I can fight back. I can take my power back, I can take my peace back, I can take my joy back because of the power of God that rests in me. 

1 John 4:4 New Living Translation (NLT)

But you belong to God, my dear children. You have already won a victory over those people, because the Spirit who lives in you is greater than the spirit who lives in the world.

John 5:1-15 New Living Translation (NLT)

Jesus Heals a Lame Man

Afterward Jesus returned to Jerusalem for one of the Jewish holy days. Inside the city, near the Sheep Gate, was the pool of Bethesda,[a] with five covered porches. Crowds of sick people—blind, lame, or paralyzed—lay on the porches.[b] One of the men lying there had been sick for thirty-eight years. When Jesus saw him and knew he had been ill for a long time, he asked him, “Would you like to get well?”
“I can’t, sir,” the sick man said, “for I have no one to put me into the pool when the water bubbles up. Someone else always gets there ahead of me.”
Jesus told him, “Stand up, pick up your mat, and walk!”
Instantly, the man was healed! He rolled up his sleeping mat and began walking! But this miracle happened on the Sabbath, 10 so the Jewish leaders objected. They said to the man who was cured, “You can’t work on the Sabbath! The law doesn’t allow you to carry that sleeping mat!”
11 But he replied, “The man who healed me told me, ‘Pick up your mat and walk.’”
12 “Who said such a thing as that?” they demanded.
13 The man didn’t know, for Jesus had disappeared into the crowd. 14 But afterward Jesus found him in the Temple and told him, “Now you are well; so stop sinning, or something even worse may happen to you.” 15 Then the man went and told the Jewish leaders that it was Jesus who had healed him.

Jesus didn't have to touch him. Jesus didn't have spit on him. All He did was ask a question: Do you want to be made a whole?

That's why we have to speak things that are not as though they were. Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. When you speak something, you believe it. 

Romans 10:17 New Living Translation (NLT)

17 So faith comes from hearing, that is, hearing the Good News about Christ.

So if we heard God said it, and we believe it--nothing else matters. People can say what they want. They can throw all kind of obstacles in your way.

Hebrews 11:6 New Living Translation (NLT)

And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him.
Your faith gives you the authority. Your faith will give you an unexplainable shield of protection. Your faith will have miracles, signs, and wonders come your way. 

Even with the man at the pool of Bethesda, everyone was getting healed the same way--going to the pool when the waters were stirred up. This man had this infirmity for 38 years and was at the pool of Bethesda day after day watching the angels stir up the water, watching people be healed, and his faith never waivered. Scripture never says that, but I believe that because every day he was at the pool. If he didn't believe he would actually get healed, then he wouldn't be there. 

That's why Jesus didn't have to touch him. The blind man had to regain authority over his body. He had to regain authority over his thoughts. Jesus never asked him how he wanted to be healed, but the man already had in his mind how he was going to be healed. What he had in his mind was an obstacle. 

The Bible gives you a rebuttal for every obstacle. Watch
Poverty--Psalm 37:25
Sickness-- Isaiah 53:5
Depression-- Psalm 3:3


Every time you say that word, that you gaining authority over the enemy. You've got this!




Comments