It's Above Me Now pt. 2

Yes y'all. Y'all see it. PART 2!!

But this time we're talking about fighting battles. Scripture says:

Exodus 14:14 New Living Translation (NLT)

14 The Lord himself will fight for you. Just stay calm.”

So as simple as the concept of "The Lord will fight your battles." is, it is so hard for me to grasp it. I'm going to be honest. I'm hardhead, extremely independent, and I love to fight. On top of all of that, I tend to take things a little personally sometimes. I'm a pretty to myself type of chick, but I'm a Leo. No I'm not about to blame this trait on my zodiac, but if you back me into a corner, I'm going to come out swinging. That's just how I am. Here lately, I have been wanting to fight every single battle that comes my way. People would keep saying, "It's not you. It's your presence," and I would be like, "yeah whatever. I don't want to hear that." 

But it's true. It's a tough pill for me to swallow, but yes. Absolutely. It's my presence. The Lord created each and every one of us for a purpose, and we all have an assignment. Fulfilling those things is not just a walk in the park. You have to go through some things. If it was so easy, everybody would have been doing what they were purposed to do. You have to go through some things. The devil wouldn't waste his time fighting with someone who didn't have any real purpose. 

So what does he do? He fights you with everything he has. He knows our days on this earth are numbered so he wants to knock you out as soon as possible. He knows what makes you tick. He knows your area of weakness.

So for me, for example, I looooooaaaaaattttttthhhhhhheeeee (and I meant every bit of that) when people do not speak to me especially when I speak first. I think that is the most disrespectful thing ever. So recently I had to deal with this with not one but BOTH of my supervisors and the manager on top of alllllll the other things I had going on at the job. So I get distracted. If I get distracted, I can't fight the good fight the way I need to. The Bible says:

1 Corinthians 7:35 New Living Translation (NLT)

35 I am saying this for your benefit, not to place restrictions on you. I want you to do whatever will help you serve the Lord best, with as few distractions as possible.

In order to serve the Lord, you have to get in your word. The word is your guide. If I stay in the word, I won't get distracted. I'll know what I'm dealing with. 

Ephesians 6:12 The Message (MSG)

A Fight to the Finish

10-12 And that about wraps it up. God is strong, and he wants you strong. So take everything the Master has set out for you, well-made weapons of the best materials. And put them to use so you will be able to stand up to everything the Devil throws your way. This is no afternoon athletic contest that we’ll walk away from and forget about in a couple of hours. This is for keeps, a life-or-death fight to the finish against the Devil and all his angels.

The bible is your cheat code. I'm not really into gaming or anything like that but I had an ex who was, and he would talk about these cheat codes. It's right there! Use it! God is giving you the cheat code to win.  If I look at this battle head on, I won't see it for what it really is. I'll see that I'm getting tried. If I don't see the battle for what is, I can't fight it the way I need to. 

Ephesians 6:13-17 New Living Translation (NLT)

13 Therefore, put on every piece of God’s armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm.14 Stand your ground, putting on the belt of truth and the body armor of God’s righteousness. 15 For shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News so that you will be fully prepared.[a] 16 In addition to all of these, hold up the shield of faith to stop the fiery arrows of the devil.[b] 17 Put on salvation as your helmet, and take the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of Go


I love the Message Bible version of this scripture. 

Ephesians 6:13-18 The Message (MSG)

13-18 Be prepared. You’re up against far more than you can handle on your own. Take all the help you can get, every weapon God has issued, so that when it’s all over but the shouting you’ll still be on your feet. Truth, righteousness, peace, faith, and salvation are more than words. Learn how to apply them. You’ll need them throughout your life. God’s Word is an indispensable weapon. In the same way, prayer is essential in this ongoing warfare. Pray hard and long. Pray for your brothers and sisters. Keep your eyes open. Keep each other’s spirits up so that no one falls behind or drops out.

I can't square of on the devil the same way I do man. It's not the same fight. It's above me. It's above what makes me tick. It's above the day to day things that piss me off. This thing is spiritual and so I gotta level up my fight. My left hook is something serious, but prayer life though....The word literally shows you what you need for every situation. The crazy thing is the word will cut the devil's head off asap. There's nothing more evident of being a true soldier of God if you not only quote the word but you live the word. The fight aint even about you. It's above you. 

Comments