Apply Pressure, Sis!

Y'all. God gave me this word and baaaaaaaaaaaaay bay.....I can barely sit still writing this. 

Isaiah 62:6-7 The Message (MSG)

6-7 I’ve posted watchmen on your walls, Jerusalem.
    Day and night they keep at it, praying, calling out,
    reminding God to remember.
They are to give him no peace until he does what he said,
    until he makes Jerusalem famous as the City of Praise.


So yall know last week we talked about growth. By growth, I was talking about growing in your walk in Christ, but now God is saying we have to grow in our prayer life, as well. 

For a while, I had got to a place where I was frustrated with God because it was like everything I prayed for for everybody else was manifesting so quick, but it was like when it was me, it was a different story. For the life of me, I couldn't understand why that was the case. 


God reminded me that I can't keep approaching prayer the way I did when I first got saved. I have to grow there too. I specifically heard Him say, "you can't want big girl blessings with a little girl prayer life." Before, every time I prayed, I was approaching it from a "you have not because you ask not," point of view. But the thing about that is, just because I want something and I ask for something does not mean it's God's will for my life. 

A lot of times, we build our faith on what we hope God to do in our lives. It's not that God has ever given any kind of vision or provision for those things, but because we want those things, we believe that God will do them. But if God didn't tell us that then what are we really believing....

Think of it like a relationship. When you enter into a relationship, promises are made, things are said, and expectations are set. Now what if you wanted something out of your partner but they never said they would fulfill your wants. So now you're upset because they're not doing what you want them to do. But, sis, he never said he would do that. Is that grounds for ending the relationship? Yes, no, maybe so. It just depends. What you can do is hold your partner accountable for what they did promise. Hold them accountable for what they did promise.

One of the main differences between God is not a man that He should lie. So when He promises you something, He has to do it because His word cannot return unto Him void. It has to do what He set it to do.

Isaiah 55:11 The Message (MSG)

8-11 “I don’t think the way you think.
    The way you work isn’t the way I work.”
        God’s Decree.
“For as the sky soars high above earth,
    so the way I work surpasses the way you work,
    and the way I think is beyond the way you think.
Just as rain and snow descend from the skies
    and don’t go back until they’ve watered the earth,
Doing their work of making things grow and blossom,
    producing seed for farmers and food for the hungry,
So will the words that come out of my mouth
    not come back empty-handed.
They’ll do the work I sent them to do,
    they’ll complete the assignment I gave them.
If prayer is a conversation with God, can't you talk to Him about His promises at that time? Remind God of what He said! What He said is in His word. If faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Apply pressure to His word! His word says He gives strength to the weary. His word says He'll provide all your needs. His word says His peace will guard your heart. 

You have to speak those things to God. If God can say, "Let there be light," and there was light, the we are able to speak to our situations. 

Matthew 21:21-22 The Message (MSG)

21-22 But Jesus was matter-of-fact: “Yes—and if you embrace this kingdom life and don’t doubt God, you’ll not only do minor feats like I did to the fig tree, but also triumph over huge obstacles. This mountain, for instance, you’ll tell, ‘Go jump in the lake,’ and it will jump. Absolutely everything, ranging from small to large, as you make it a part of your believing prayer, gets included as you lay hold of God.”


Comments