Moving Forward in Opposition

Lately, it seems like the body of Christ has been on an upswing where everything is going right and everybody's things manifesting in their lives and everybody is seeing the supernatural favor of God, BUT with the good also comes the bad. A lot of times when there is so much favor, people have the confidence to move forward in what God has called them to do. However, there are often times when there is opposition when taking a big step. The enemy will fight you in every way possible to get you to stop, but you have to remember the God you serve. Like we said last week, be confident in the God you serve. 

2 Timothy 1:3-7 New King James Version (NKJV)

Timothy’s Faith and Heritage

I thank God, whom I serve with a pure conscience, as my forefathers did, as without ceasing I remember you in my prayers night and day, greatly desiring to see you, being mindful of your tears, that I may be filled with joy, when I call to remembrance the [a]genuine faith that is in you, which dwelt first in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice, and I am persuaded is in you also. Therefore I remind you to stir up the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands. For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

In the text above, Paul is writing to Timothy. Paul is reminding Timothy that he[Timothy] is who his ancestors prayed for and the same things that were in his grandmother and his mother are in him. In other word, he is a recipient of generational anointing. I can imagine that Timothy may have been a little bit intimidated by that. I can only imagine what it's like to have to fill such big shoes. It's not an easy task. 

There's something about a praying grandmother. Grandmother that would tarry at night. Late at night walking the hallways calling on Jesus. It's something about that. I can remember my aunt, my mom's older sister. She birth me in ministry, and she also had a big part in raising me. I remember when I first came to her church, someone laid hands on me and prophesied about how I carry the same anointing as her, and I was like 
Wooooaaahhhh GIF - Woah Whoa Wait GIFs

I remember after service I told her, I can't do that. I can't do what she does, and for years I wouldn't accept the call. This past February when I was down that way, it happened again. The only difference is the pastor prayed that the gift would be stirred up.When I tell y'all my body felt like it was on fire. If that didn't intimidate even more, God started showing me what I was going to be. Surprisingly, I still gave God a yes. As y'all know, everything was going pretty well. I was taking big steps with YSF, and everything was great. And out of nowhere here comes this storm. This was a big one. I'm not going to lie, but I cannot stop. The assignment is too big. 


2 Timothy 1:8-12 New King James Version (NKJV)

Not Ashamed of the Gospel

Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me His prisoner, but share with me in the sufferings for the gospel according to the power of God, who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began, 10 but has now been revealed by the appearing of our Savior Jesus Christ, who has abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel, 11 to which I was appointed a preacher, an apostle, and a teacher [a]of the Gentiles. 12 For this reason I also suffer these things; nevertheless I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep what I have committed to Him until that Day.
Being the light of the world is huge. That's why the devil fights you so hard. He knows that if you get up the courage to do what God told you to do, your influence will kill him. Sometimes we are the only God people see so we have to keep going. Our tenacity is what is going to get us out of bondage. I can almost guarantee the devil will fight you with your biggest insecurities.

I remember last June, I decided I was going to Summit 21. That was the first influencers conference I went to. The week before, my boyfriend and I had broke up,  and I was demolished to the say the least. That breakup took everything out of me. I felt like I couldn't trust anybody if somebody that I had known 13 years could treat me the way he could, especially because we spent a substantial amount of time discussing the things I had been through. Even now, as I'm preparing to go to the God and Goals Conference this weekend, yet another storm came. I'm not going to lie. It knocked me back a minute, but I'm still going. But YOU HAVE TO KEEP GOING. God is bigger than that. 

Being able to push through adversity is really when God's light starts to shine. It's one thing to keep going when everything is alright, but if things are going bad?! That's a level of faith that can make or break you. The fruit of spirit are love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Remember

James 1:2-8 New King James Version (NKJV)

Profiting from Trials

My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces [a]patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be [b]perfect and complete, lacking nothing. If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.

Comments