Be Not Dismayed

First of all, I want to apologize because this was definitely supposed to had been up yesterday, but I completely forgot when I was writing. But anyway today's devotion will be coming from the verse below

Isaiah 41:8-10 New King James Version (NKJV)

“But you, Israel, are My servant,
Jacob whom I have chosen,
The descendants of Abraham My friend.
You whom I have taken from the ends of the earth,
And called from its farthest regions,
And said to you,
‘You are My servant,
I have chosen you and have not cast you away:
10 Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you,
Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’

Looking around in these last few days, I have seen so many people just so overwhelmed with life. So much good is happening right now, but there is also a lot of bad happening. Just this weekend, I was in the emergency room twice with my grandmother. I've been dealing with other familial drama. But I came today to let you know to not be distracted but what's happening around you. Be not dismayed for God is with you. 

It's disheartening to feel like God is not there. So much can happen and you remind yourself that God would not put more on you than you could bear, and then that next thing comes and it feels as though it is the straw that broke the camel's back, but let me just remind you BE NOT DISMAYED. 

God is not a man that He should lie. When He said He'll never leave you or forsake you, you can take that to bank and cash that. You are not alone. I promise you. The children of Israel had gone through so much by the time the book of Isaiah even came about. If I was them, I would be frustrated too. But God is with you. God even comforted the Israelites, just as He will comfort you. 

People are so quick to quote the 23rd Psalm. I don't know about y'all but I had to memorize it as a kid. It wasn't until I was an adult that I really understood what was being said until life hit me. You know when it rain it pours. It was summer 2012, my granddaddy died of cancer and 10 days later my aunt died all of a sudden. I think that summer I went to about 6 or 7 funerals, all of people I had known all my life. IT came to mind. 

Psalm 23:4 King James Version (KJV)

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
I was literally in a valley of the shadow of death. I had never seen so much death happen at one time in my life. But God said He was there, and then He told me again in Psalm 91. 

Psalm 91:7-8 New King James Version (NKJV)

A thousand may fall at your side,
And ten thousand at your right hand;
But it shall not come near you.
Only with your eyes shall you look,
And see the reward of the wicked.


As people, sometimes we forget the world does not revolve around us. We always think we have it the worst, but there is always some worse off. Look at Job. Job lost everything he had, including his animals and his children, within 2 days. That was enough for anybody to go bat crazy. His wife straight up told him to curse God and die. Surely, that would have been better than to continue going through his circumstances and yet he didn't, he declared that his redeemer lives. 

I say all this to say don't give up on God. He's there. I promise. Just keep your mind stayed on Him. 

Isaiah 26:3 King James Version (KJV)

Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

Comments