365 Questions--May 6

Why do these things trigger you?

Honestly, betrayal bothers me so much because I know that I am a very private person and I am very closed off to people. If I open up to you, it's a big deal. I take friendships very seriously. This may be because of my military background. I grew up in a time where everybody didn't have cell phones and social media. I would be best friends with someone for 3 years and then one of us moves away. I have a thing about being taken for granted. That may be the root cause. I know I have a lot to offer and my heart is so big. Sometimes I just want to be accepted.  When I say accepted I don't mean changing who I am for someone else's approval. I want who I am to be enough. I just want to be good enough.

As far as people trying to harp me because of the choices made. that bothers me for the simple fact that this is my life. For a long time, I based my decisions on other people. I went to the middle/high school I went to to make my parents happy. I chose my college because my parents insisted I go there. I went to my first church as an adult to please my aunt. I moved to Tallahassee because it was convenient. I came back home for one I didn't really have a choice and 2 my parents asked me to. I enjoy being able to say I made a decision for me. In the case of me saying I left my old church and I am now COGIC. That was a decision I made for me and not for anyone else.

Comments