365 Questions--April 23


How do you deal with negativity?

As a Christian, we are taught to be positive people. We are the light of the world

Matthew 5:14-16 The Message (MSG)

14-16 “Here’s another way to put it: You’re here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world. God is not a secret to be kept. We’re going public with this, as public as a city on a hill. If I make you light-bearers, you don’t think I’m going to hide you under a bucket, do you? I’m putting you on a light stand. Now that I’ve put you there on a hilltop, on a light stand—shine! Keep open house; be generous with your lives. By opening up to others, you’ll prompt people to open up with God, this generous Father in heaven.
When the devil shows up, he comes to kill, steal, and destroy. But who do we respond? I'm going to be 100% honest. I don't really respond to negativity, but for me, there is a difference between negativity and disrespect. I don't handle disrespect well, especially from people that know me. People that don't know me can say whatever they want to say about me, but it's not even valid because they don't know me. I'm not going to get worked up over some troll. But when you know me and you know how I react and you still choose to try me, you're asking for it. If you try me on the right day, you'll get exactly that. I'm not perfect by a long shot nor will I ever claim to be. Y'all pray for me. 
Responding to negativity is something that has been the conversation quite a bit in the last few days. There's been a little bit of controversy with Wendy Williams coming for the Clark Sisters. Check out the video below. 


Okay now I'm going to be very candid about this. I have no filter and I'm not going to apologize for anything that I say in regards to this. In my opinion, Wendy Williams is one of the most miserable people in the world. She has to be. I say that because she makes a living off of talking about other people. Everything she says is negative. If it were me, and she said something negative about me, I would ignore it because she always has something to say.

However, what you're not going to do is discredit the things God has done in my life. The Clark Sisters are some sangers (yes, sangers). Even if they weren't gospel artists, they could sing, but the anointing of God has set fire in their lives and you can see it and hear it every time they open their mouths. God has blessed their careers so much that they don't even have to speak on the situation. If Wendy would have done her homework before speaking, she would've seen all the number ones they have. She would have seen all the success that they have had, but she chose to be ignorant. 

What is very interesting is the fact that they didn't have to say a word. So many people came to their defense. That's loyalty. I would've done the same thing had it been my friends. You can't say you're someone's friend but entertain negative conversations about that person. It doesn't work like that. But God showed up in all of this and showed Himself to be real. His word says He'll prepare a table in the presence of your enemies, and that's exactly what He did. The Clark Sisters never said anything, an now Wendy is apologizing and wanting them to come on the show. 

Comments