Love of Your Enemies

Luke 6:27-29 King James Version (KJV)

27 But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,
28 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.
29 And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloak forbid not to take thy coat also.

We all know what a hater is. In these days of social media, haters are coming more than ever. It's really easy to hide behind a computer or phone an say whatever you want to say. I can guarantee the those same people wouldn't dare say what they said online to someone in real life. It would't happen. However, in spite of all of that we still have to love our enemies. No matter how much shade they throw, it is God's will for us to still love them just as He loves us. 
I know, I know. It's a lot easier said than done. TRUST ME. I know. I'm the first one that wants to fight. Always. They don't even have to be talking to me. If they're talking to anybody in my circle, it's a wrap. See, sometimes the best response is no response. Just continue to live life the way God called you to. It may be hard, but it will all be worth it in just a little while. 
Don't believe me? Look at the story of Hannah and Penninah (1 Samuel 1:1-19). Elkanah had 2 wives, Hannah and Penninah. Penninah was able to have children and had given Elkanah 2 sons. Hannah had not had 1 child, and Penninah would ridicule her to the point that Hannah didn't want to eat any more (I wish somebody would make me that mad 😠). She cried and cried and cried to God to point that Elkanah thought she was drunk. She worshipped God so that God put a baby in her belly that would some become Samuel. 
What does story mean? Somebody could hit the most sensitive of nerves, but you still have to do what God says. We were created to worship Him and give Him glory. The Bible says: 

Psalm 37:4 King James Version (KJV)

Delight thyself also in the Lord: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
No matter how much that person may hate on whatever you go on, they cannot deny what God has done for you. But wait---you missed something. He will give you that thing you've been praying about, that you've been fasting about, and that you've been seeking Him for. The glow-up is gonna be so real. God said in His word that He will make your enemies your foot stool, and He meant that. So don't get mad when people talk against you because everything they say, God will do the opposite. Let them count you out. Let them say you aint never going to be nothing, you aint never going nowhere. As long as you put God first, you already know what your outcome will be

Matthew 20:16 King James Version (KJV)

16 So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen.

I've had struggles and disappointments,
There are times I felt so alone
Some of my friends, they let me down

But I still believe it's turning around for me
--Vashawn Mitchell 

Comments