365 Questions--February 19

What does success look like to you?

It's funny this is a question. I'm currently in a leadership and ethics course in my Masters program, and my professor required us to read "Who Moved My Cheese?" If you haven't read the book, I would definitely recommend it. It gives great perspective on life. Everybody in life has their "cheese" or what they consider to be success. After reading the book, my professor asked us what our cheese is. I couldn't answer the question. I still can't say if I have this certain thing completed that I have "made it." 

Overall, I just want to make a difference in the lives of every person that I meet. It doesn't have to be a big difference. If I can be the positivity in their lives for just that moment, so be it. You never know what your influence could do. It could literally save someone's life. I believe that we go through things for a reason. God molds us into who He has created is to be through experience. I truly believe that I went through everything that I went through to help somebody else. It would be selfish of me to watch somebody else go through the exact same thing that I went through and came out of, and not say anything. I know how felt in that space and I would hate for anyone else to feel that way. 

Whether it be through my nonprofits or just interacting with me, I want to just be that little bit of light. Yeah, having a nice house and cars and a family would be nice, and I definitely desire those things as well, but my main focus is making a difference. 


I'm that star up in the sky
I'm that mountain peak up high
Hey, I made it
I'm the worlds greatest
And I'm that little bit of hope
When my back's against the ropes
I can feel it mmm
I'm the world's greatest

--R. Kelly

Comments