Jesus I'll Never Forget

Psalm 77:10-14New International Version (NIV)

10 Then I thought, “To this I will appeal:
    the years when the Most High stretched out his right hand.
11 I will remember the deeds of the Lord;
    yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago.
12 I will consider all your works
    and meditate on all your mighty deeds.”
13 Your ways, God, are holy.
    What god is as great as our God?
14 You are the God who performs miracles;
    you display your power among the peoples.

Last week we discussed changing our minds to prepare for what is to come. Another reason we need to change our minds is because sometimes we are so consumed by our circumstances that we forget what God has already done for us. We look and see the poverty, the struggles, the chaos of our daily lives and it's almost like we are blinded by that or even have a circumstantial amnesia. Sometimes it seems like we have gotten in such a deep, dark place that we can’t  see what had already been given to us. We frequently say "God if you get me out of this, I'll never do [insert act here] again." But if we are completely honest with ourselves, we would see we're not even deserving of what He's already given us. The car accidents, the shootings, the near death experiences we had while we were out doing our mess that really should've cost us our lives, but yet we're still here. 

I can't help but think back on my own life. Right now I'm more frustrated with life more than I have been since coming back home. A lot of times I just cry because I feel like this will never end. It's one thing after another. Two things had to happen. 1: I had to get rid of my defeated mindset, which was actually the hardest part, and 2: I had to remember God is still good in all of this. He is still the one that healed my body just 6 months ago when the doctors told me I would never be healed and I would be on medication for the rest of my life. He is the same God that saved my life time after time in situations that I know I should have died in. I can thing of about 6 or 7 times in Augusta where it should've been me. The time the bullet was meant for me but instead scraped the top of my car. The times he stopped my car just before the collision would've taken my life, but yet here I am getting mad because of where I am right now. 

I know I can't be the only one who does this. Even the Israelites had gotten frustrated with where they were. 

Exodus 16:1-3New International Version (NIV)

16 The whole Israelite community set out from Elim and came to the Desert of Sin, which is between Elim and Sinai, on the fifteenth day of the second month after they had come out of Egypt. In the desert the whole community grumbled against Moses and Aaron. The Israelites said to them, “If only we had died by the Lord’s hand in Egypt! There we sat around pots of meat and ate all the food we wanted, but you have brought us out into this desert to starve this entire assembly to death.”
They were on the way to the land of milk and honey, but they would've rather died than to be where they were. Sometimes where you are can get that bad. It may seem like the rain will never end. Regardless of where you are right now, God is still in the business of performing miracles.  Even if he doesn't do anything else, He has already done enough. He is a great god and is worthy to be praised. Don't get weary. Just keep your mind stayed on Him. 


Jesus I'll never forget, what you've done for me
Jesus I'll never forget, how you set me free
Jesus I'll never forget, how you brought me out
Jesus I'll never forget, nooo nev-er

--Soul Stirrers

Comments